Ultrasound - Ultrasonography (sonogram)
Using minimally invasive imaging technology to identify and aid in diagnosis of disease.
Ultrasonography is a minimally invasive imaging technique used to evaluate the interal architecture of organs or body cavities. When used in conjunction with radiography (x-rays) they can identify and aid in the diagnosis of certian diseases.
Ultrasound is vital in diagnosing and evaluating:
- pregnancy - viability of fetuses
- tumors, cysts, abscesses and congenital defects
- adrenal glands
- sludge, stones, mucoceles
- blockages, tumors
- stones, cysts, congenital defects
- urinary bladder
- stones, clots, tumors, congenital defects
- Lymph nodes
- lens luxation, tumors
- DCM, HCM, heart based mass (hemangiosarcoma), cardiac tamponade